Pentium® Processor-Specification Update
This document is an update to the specifications contained in the Pentium® Processor Family Developer's Manual (Order Number 241428), and the Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manuals (Order Numbers 243190 and 243191). It is intended for hardware system manufacturers and software developers of applications, operating systems, or tools. It contains specification changes, S-specs, errata, specification clarifications, and documentation changes.
The Pentium Processor may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
- Specification Changes are modifications to the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- S-Specs are exceptions to the published specifications, and apply only to the units assembled under the S-spec.
- Errata are design defects or errors. Errata may cause the Pentium processor's behavior to deviate from published specifications. Hardware and software designed to be used with any given stepping must assume that all errata documented for that stepping are present on all devices.
- Specification Clarifications describe a specification in greater detail or further highlight a specification's impact to a complex design situation. These clarifications will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
- Documentation Changes include typos, errors, or omissions from the current published specifications. These changes will be incorporated in the next release of the specifications.
This location contains the most current Specification Update. The revision number is indicated by the last two digits in its 'pdf' file name. Specification Updates are revised only as changes occur. If a new revision is created, it will be posted per the following 1997 schedule:
Jan 15, Feb 12, Mar 12, Apr 16, May 14, Jun 11, Jul 16, Aug 13, Sep 10, Oct 15, Nov 12, Dec 10.
Pentium Processors(75-200 MHz and Pentium Processors with MMX Technology)
Pentium Processors(60-66 MHz)
How to order a single copy of the latest hardcopy Pentium Processors (75-200 MHz and Pentium Processors with MMX Technology) Specification Update
How to order a single copy of the latest hardcopy Pentium Processors (60-66 MHz) Specification Update
How to contact Technical Support
Tell us what you think about the Specification Update process or documentation.
Legal Stuff © 1997 Intel Corporation