Project Builder 51 & 251
(#2431) Project Builder 51 & 251
Project Builder 51 & 251
Development Kits for the MCS® 51 & MCS® 251
Complete Integrated Development Environment for Windows
Target board for MCS® 51or MCS® 251
Demo Assembler & C Compiler
MCS® 51or MCS® 251 Simulators
Configurable debugger which is retargetable to your prototype
ApBUILDER, the System expert programming Tool
Configurable "Make" utility
Hypertext technical manuals
CAD schematics & library
Timing analysis Software & library
Available with Fuzzy Logic Software
|For MCS® 51FX: |
For MCS® 251:
Project Builder 251 and Project Builder 51FX are low cost kits that are designed to give design engineers a simple set of the hardware & software tools. However, it is not meant to be used as a development tool such as a commercial Emulator. These turn key kits save you design time and reduce your learning curve by providing tools for every stage of the project design cycle. The Target Board offers maximum design flexibility to operate as a code development platform as well as a stand alone system to use in your prototype. It was even designed to use Intel's new Boot Block FLASH memory for operation in the stand alone mode . The Project Builder Kits include a complete Integrated Development Environment for Windows, commanding a powerful line of systems tools, including Project Maintenance and graphical Program Analysis. Not only does this save you development time but it's simulated multitasking environment allows you to create, suspend, resume, kill and monitor foreground and background tasks. You can even perform other work while in the process of running a compile.
The Target Board offers the following features:
- A preprogrammed 87C251SB or 87C51FA embedded microcontroller.
- 251 Boards are available in Source or Binary mode, and address memory in Paged mode (see ordering codes).
- Configurable memory options:
SRAM or EPROM: 8K, 32K, or 128K
FLASH: 512Kbit or 1Mbit
32K of SRAM comes standard
- Single 9-pin serial connector (the on chip UART is used ) for serial communications to a host PC.
- Bank of 10 LEDs.
- 50 pin I/O Expansion connector.
Reduced Instruction Set Monitor (RISM):
Intel Technical Documentation:
- Preprogrammed on 51FX or 251SB device--does not use external memory.
- Allows communication with the COMPASS/251 tools.
- Source code files are included on diskette.
- Retarget the debugger to your prototype hardware using the RISM kernel source.
Intel's System Expert -- ApBUILDER Interactive Programming Software:
- Hypertext User's Manual & data sheets included on diskette.
- MCS® 51 Microcontroller Architecture Development Tools Line Card.
- Project Builder Kit manual, which includes hardware/software examples and schematics of the board.
Evaluation version of Production Languages Corporation's COMPASS/251 Integrated Development Environment Software for Windows:
- Generates peripheral initialization code at the click of your mouse!
- Graphical Interface reduces learning curve.
- Initialize peripherals by choosing options in dialog boxes, instead of directly programming the peripheral registers.
- Instruction editor facilitates writing code.
Evaluation version of Protel Technology's Advanced Schematic viewer software:
- Macro Assembler, C compiler, linker, debugger, and simulator.
- Can utilize the simulator or interface to the target board.
- Graphing features of the IDE allow you to view your project as a group of relationships rather than a list of files and functions.
Evaluation version of Chronology Corp.'s Timing Viewer software:
- View or print target board circuit schematics.
- Libraries of over 100 Intel microcontrollors and microprocessors, as well as schematics of other Intel target and evaluation boards.
- Interactive hardware Timing analysis software.
- By modifying timing parameters and the clock frequency, you can quickly perform "what if" analysis.
PC with DOS & Windows 3.1 or higher
RAM: Minimum to run Windows. 2 MB or above